Forex Forex Forex Forex

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

How can I earn money if Iamp;#39;m not yet 16? -

There s a trip that I really REALLY want to go on with my school (it s to Italy, Greece, and Turkey) and it will cost around $3,000 I think. That money will have to be paid by April or May, and my parents can t afford to pay for it all, so I am trying to find a way to earn some money on my own. I babysit sometimes, but I don t really know how to advertise it. I really need a way to make some money!!! Any help/ideas would be appreciated, thanks!________Do odd jobs. Rake leaves, shovel snow, set the table, make crafts and sell them, etc.________mow lawns, car wash, sell lemonade, deliver the newspaper, babysit, clean houses, etc..________You can be a quot;Mother s Helperquot; on the week-ends. The duties of a quot;Mother s Helperquot; is light house cleaning, and watching the kids while Mom runs errands. How about house cleaning (heavy duty) on week-ends. And you could take in laundry and ironing over the week-end too. You could also help out in a Laundry Matt. I had a friend when I was in high school that use to clean the washing machines and dryers and sweep and mop the floors, make change, and a lot of people paid her to do their laundry. She was 15 almost 16 at the time. Put an add in the classified in your local paper. And you can make flyers and pin them up in the grocery stores and laundry matts. You could even pass them out in parking lots at the Mall. I wish you all the luck. I hope you will be able to make this fantastic trip.________how old r u? r u 11? lemonade stand-lol r u 13? bag cans at grocery store or work at the mall as an elf, hey santa needs helpers r u 15? work as a swimming lessons teacher________Most states allow a company to hire individuals at age 14 and up.________I babysit alot, and I live in a neighborhood that has a website for it. Therefore, there is a way to send an email to everybody in the neighborhood, saying that I am a babysitter looking for business. But, alot of people don t actually call to hire me until a long time later. I get alot of phone calls a few monthes after i send them. You could also be a dog walker, mow lawns, or you could always get a working permit for a real job. Then, you could work at a restuarant or something.________You could maybe find something online...not sure if your allowed..don t know those rules sorry. However..you can babysit Clean houses or offer to clean peoples yards... Take animals for walks. Ask your parents or their friends if they need any help with any office stuff from home....or filing or whatever? and what would they pay you. Also where I live in Florida you can work at some grocery stores when you are 15..so you might want to check some of the stores local for you.? Hope that helps? :) good luck________if you were 18 i could be sure to help but sorry________personally i made flyers for a pet sitting service when i was 10 years old.... i made ALOT of money during summer and especially around the holidays when people travel alot________Go to your library and find some books on money making ideas or business ideas for kids. There are some really good books on that. Marketing yourself is everything when you do things like babysit, mow lawns, pet sit, take in mail, help out serving at parties, etc. You could make up some business cards and go around your neighborhood late on a Saturday morning ringing doorbells and introducing yourself. Leave the business card with your phone number listing the jobs you will do. When someone wants to hire you that you don t know, insist on an interview and bring a parent. This is to ensure your safety, particularly important at your age. Keep a card file of your customers with their name, address, telephone number, email, kids names, pets, likes and dislikes, everything. The more you know about your customers, the more impressed they ll be with you and the more they ll want to hire you again. Good luck. That s a big goal but you can do it. :-)________Some employers do allow 15 year olds to work, with possibly written permission from parents or school. Usually the hours will be very limited, but, it s something. Also, if you know someone a little older than you, a friend or relative, maybe they can help you. I worked as a waitress in college and I talked with the manager, and got my 15 year old sister a job as a cashier, and it was great! Babysitting is a good idea- you can put signs up at the library, or coffee shops, yoga studios, etc. You can consider also raking leaves for neighbors or doing other yardwork, or dog-walking. I had a job walking a neighbor s dog two times a week when they were out of town, that earned me some money. Hope this helps!________besides offering sexual services, its gonna be tough to raise $3,000 by May......start looking for things to sell________With child labor laws, it s hard to make money when you re under 16. I was there once, it s really frustrating! Here are some suggestions: - When I was 14, I was able to work at a dog boarding kennel. Scooping poop wasn t fun, (especially in the summer!) but I got to play with the doggies which was :-) - I also know of someone who is 14 and works at a nursing home in the kitchen. I think she might serve food to the residents. Try asking your local nursing homes. - Try grocery stores for bagging. - Some restaurants might let you work there as a hostess, that s worth looking into. - Save some money for college and not just the trip. Travel is valuable, but education is even more so!________if you babysit, ask the parents if they know others with kids......network, expand your services..... if you dont have enough, can you get credit from your clients.....?...offer future services for an advance, and put it in writing so you are bound to hold up your end...________Talk to the people you currently baby sit for. Ask them if they have friends that need a sitter, let them know you re are available. When I was 12 I made a flyer and went door to door for a few blocks around my house. I rang the doorbell and explained that I was available for baby sitting. Usually a mother would answer the door, and we would chat for a bit. This gave her a chance to ask some questions. I got 2 steady baby sitting jobs out of that. You could probably also advertise at a day care facility? Talk to the owner or manager, ask if you could hang a flyer at their facility. Grocery stores sometimes have bulletin boards. Lastly you could advertise in the paper, but then you d have to pay. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment