Forex Forex Forex Forex

Thursday, March 22, 2007

I enjoy writing short stories and poems...where could i have them published and earn money? -

I really need the money, but I want them to be published under my name. I dont have any degrees, and it has to be a legit company that I sell to. I want to receive credit for my writing.________There is a book that comes out every year called the Writer s Market. Look up the title on Amazon and you will see a whole list of books that will tell you where you can sell your work, whether it be poetry, children s books, short stories, etc. I have the 2008 Writer s Market and there are thousands of entries regarding where you can sell your work. As far as the making money part, I am sorry to tell you that it is not all that easy. You should write for the love of writing and look upon being published as a bonus. If you are indeed in need of money, as most of us are, then trying to make it by writing is not a good idea. I tell you this as somebody who has studied writing markets. There are so many manuscripts sent to publishers, magazine editors, and literary agents, that it is easy for your work to get lost in the mix. Also, there is an increasing number of companies that won t even accept unsolicited manuscripts anymore. Please take my advice and buy the Writer s Market book. It will help you to understand the market, and to see what it will take to get your work published. Also, remember that getting published is more important than making money from your work. That is the first hurdle. Good luck to you and keep writing!________I would suggest to learn how publishing works and then you ll have a better idea on how to move forward - check out chapteread.com - it s a writing site and they explain everything - there is a link called the quot;publishing processquot; and it s at the top of the site -- can t miss it! and good luck!!________you need to contact a magazine company. the best way to get your work published and known is in a magazine. you should contact an adult magazine.________find some publishing companies number and call them or you can always ask the librarians they might have some info on that kind of things.________Ummm, if they are kids poems you could try Scholastic?________I have the same question, sorry for no help!________poetry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment